Friday, July 31, 2009

10 Months Later!!


Oh my, how time flies!!  I can't believe it has been almost 1 year since my first and only blog entry, I can hear Carolyn now saying - "well about time!!"

So much has happened in the past year that I really don't know where to start.  I suppose firstly I should relate the saddness I felt when I was to learn that Barry (yes the reason for my first blog) had left the church, had moved to Gunnedah and was engaged!!  Yes, you did read that correctly - all this in the space of 4 months from when we stopped seeing each other, even though he continued emailing me and calling. I seriously wonder whether everything he told me was the truth and perhaps I was not the only woman he was seeing - I guess I will never really know. I asked him for an explanantion and his reply was "circumstances change" - what a cop out!!

So, since April this year I have been seeing a gentleman who lives closer and thinks I'm beautiful - I keep telling him he needs glasses.. lol.  We get on very well and generally see each other on the weekends (he's italian and a fabulous cook - I need to seriously go on a diet!!), although he does call me every day. However there is a stumbling block - he is married. His story in a nutshell is that his wife has had a mental illness for most of their married life and is currently in a nursing home (has been for 6 years). She has bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and had a stroke a number of years ago and is wheelchair bound. Two months ago she was diagnosed with lung cancer and has refused active treatment, so the prognosis is about 6 months. He is an amazing man, he drives to see her almost daily, does all her washing, then comes home, cooks, cleans and looks after all the household chores.

I'm not sure where this relationship will go, but at the moment I'm just going with the flow, taking it one day at a time.  


--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Woohoo! Finally another post!

As you said all you can do is take one day at a time, it's all any of us can do.

I hope there's more posts to come!

August 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Here's hoping you get a notification...?

January 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home